[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]All vendors and organizations agree to follow the terms and conditions of the South Carolina Pride Festival. Failure to follow may result in removal of vendor privileges and ejection from festival.
- Acceptance of applications will be considered based on receipt at the South Carolina Pride Movement (SC Pride) mailing address. Applications received before the deadline are not guaranteed availability of space. SC Pride reserves the right to place or relocate vendors according to a master plan. Refunds will not be given to vendors that cancel due to assigned location in the festival.
- The Pride Festival is a community event. Nudity, indecency, or conduct inappropriate for the general public will not be tolerated. Information and items of a graphic sexual nature are illegal and cannot be distributed. Educational information or items regarding sexuality or safe sex are invited. Vendors shall not display or sell illegal or contraband items.
- The vendor will be notified of their set-up time. Vendors will drop off items and immediately remove vehicle. Tear down will start at 6:00 pm, and vendors should vacate the premises no later than 7:00 pm.
- SC Pride reserves sole rights to all water & beverage distribution. No beverages may be sold or distributed for free. Vendors that violate this condition will be shut down and the festival fee will not be refunded.
- Illegally parked vehicles will be towed.
- Vendors are responsible for all sales tax, licenses and insurance required by law. SC Pride will provide group business licenses for the event. No individual vendor business license is needed.
- Vendors shall not share, sublet, or give booth space to another vendor.
- SC Pride is a tax-exempt 501c(4) non-profit organization and has no source of income other than donations, sales and fees. After August 31, the application fee cannot be refunded for any reason.
- No vendor shall sell or distribute with any combination of the words “South Carolina Pride, SC Pride, Pride 2017,” or the SC Pride logo without the expressed written permission of SC Pride Movement.
- Noise, smoke, or visual displays shall not interfere with neighboring vendors or with the enjoyment of the public at the festival. SC Pride reserves the right to determine whether a booth is causing interference and ask for removal of any special effects.
- The vendor shall conduct all business within booth space. No distribution or solicitations of any kind may be done outside the booth space without prior written permission.
- All prices shall be posted legibly and prominently.
- SC Pride will provide uniformed police security on the premise. SC Pride accepts no responsibility for items lost due to theft or breakage.
- Vendors are responsible for any damages caused to other vendors or the event.
- All use of power must be handled by a city staff person responsible for wiring and plugging into the power source. Vendors that require electricity will have grounded extension cords that will not impose a trip hazard.
- In the case of bad weather, city staff will decide whether to continue or stop anything using power in the festival.
- Vendor will not be allowed in the festival until the event representative is on site. SC Pride and the City of Columbia reserve the right to deny any vendor access to the festival for past infraction of these terms and conditions or any relevant City ordinance.
- Unnecessary driving in the festival is not permitted. No parking of vehicles inside the festival is allowed except for loading and unloading.
- All vendors should unload and remove vehicles within an hour.
- Vehicles are not allowed in the festival during the event or after the event until the public is safely removed.
- Do not block walk ways with vehicles or trailers.
- Charcoal grill are not allowed in the festival. Gas grills are allowed; however, special permission from the Department of Parks and Recreation is required. All cooking in the festival will be checked by the city Fire Marshal. Vendors that use cooking or heating devices shall have a minimum of:
a) 1 40BC portable fire extinguisher
b) 1 K type portable fire extinguisher
The extinguishers must be in date with a current inspection tag. Extinguishers shall be visible, accessible and mounted.
- All compressed gas cylinders, hoses, and other devices shall meet the requirement of NFPA 58. All cylinders shall be properly secured. Any tent exceeding 120 square feet must be fire retardant.
- Any tent used for cooking must be approved by the Fire Marshall’s office.
- Vendor spaces do not have perimeter walking space.
- All vendor tents, canopies, awnings, or covers will be weighted down with 40-pound weights (40 lbs per corner). Vendors may only use sandbags or water barrels to weight tent. SC Pride Movement is NOT responsible for this, and Fire Marshals will be inspecting. If your tent is not weighed down, you will have to remove your tent.
- Generators are not allowed unless approved by the Fire Marshal’s office in advance. Please contact the vendor coordinator if a generator will be used so proper steps can be taken for approval.
- Do not use the irrigation hookups for drinking water.
- Deep fryers must be in an enclosed wagon or trailer. Grease and oil must be disposed of properly.
- The purpose of the South Carolina Pride Festival is to celebrate the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and allied community. All vendors agree to support this purpose.
- Vendor applicant understands that SC Pride has no control over weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, governmental interventions, or any other cause that may prevent and/or interrupt the SC Pride Festival. All participants shall hold SC Pride and its board members harmless of any losses that could arise because of such events.
The applicant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless The South Carolina Pride Movement, Inc. and the City of Columbia, South Carolina, or any other municipality, corporation or entity should the event location change, from any claim, demand, suit, loss, cost or expense, or any damage which may be asserted, claimed, or recovered against or from the City of Columbia by reason of any damages to property, personal injury, or bodily injury, including death, sustained by any person whomsoever and which damage, injury or death arises out of or is incident to or in any way connected with the performance of the Special Event Resolution of the City Council, and regardless of which claim, demand, loss, cost or expense is cause in whole or in part by the negligence of the city of Columbia or by third parties, or by agents, servants, employees or factors of any of them.[/vc_column_text][vc_btn title=”Step 2 – Vendor Map” style=”custom” custom_background=”#eea541″ custom_text=”#ffffff” size=”lg” align=”center” i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-arrow-right” button_block=”true” add_icon=”true” link=”url:http%3A%2F%2Fscpride.org%2Fvendors%2Fmap%2F|||”][/vc_column][/vc_row]