Online registrations for our Parade have closed!
PARADE TERMS & CONDITIONS
You will be sent staging and route information with your confirmation email. The parade route could change before October 20, pending changes from the City of Columbia.
- All participants must check in with the Parade Captain at the staging area. Participants are required to be present at the staging area (the corner of Laurel and Main streets) between 5:30pm and 5:45pm. Do not come to the staging area before 5:30pm since the street will not yet be closed. The parade will start promptly at 7pm.
- Participants must march in their assigned sequence location to participate and be judged. Judging categories include: Best Float, Best Walking Group and Best Car/Motorcycle Group.
- Nudity and obscenity will not be permitted. Any unit that does not comply with this rule will be removed from the parade.
- The South Carolina Pride Committee reserves the right to remove any person or unit from the pre-parade assembly area or parade who it considers a hindrance to the progress of the parade, or places other participants or spectators in danger, or violates any of the Terms and Conditions set forth.
- There is NO RAIN DATE for the parade.
- Participants are encouraged to obtain insurance for their property against fire, theft, vandalism, or destruction. Participants agree that the South Carolina Pride Movement will not be liable for any loss to their property.
- South Carolina Pride reserves the right to accept or reject any application for the parade. By applying to participate in the parade, participants agree that their participation shall be supportive of, and appropriate to, the purpose of the Pride Celebration which are:
a) Educate citizens about issues & concerns of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender citizens.
b) Promote & provide cultural activities within the gay, lesbian, bisexual & transgender community.
c) Advocate for and encourage the participation of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people in the educational, cultural and civic life of the state of South Carolina.
d) Increase the visibility of the gay, lesbian, bisexual & transgender communities in the state of South Carolina.
e) Enhance the quality of life of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people in the state of South Carolina.
- Parade entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the South Carolina Pride Movement, it’s directors, officers, volunteers and agents against any and all claims (including Attorney’s fees) imposed on, incurred by, or asserted against any of the parties identified above, caused by an act or omission of anyone, or arising in connection with, the activities conducted by the parade entrant with the parade.
- City of Columbia Police Department has stated the throwing of any objects (beads, candy, etc) during the parade from floats, cars, motorcycles or walking groups is strictly prohibited.