South Carolina Pride Movement is the largest and oldest Pride in South Carolina and serves the SC LGBT community and its allies to strengthen our collective visibility, vision, impact, and collaboration.
We are seeking members of the Action Board for the 2021 term.
The mission of the South Carolina Pride Movement is to support the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender community of South Carolina, to celebrate the richness and diversity of GLBT lives, to educate the general population on LGBT issues, and to advocate for equality and inclusion in all areas of life.
SC Pride is a nonprofit corporation organized under the laws of the State of South Carolina.
Individuals aged 21 years and above may serve as members of the Action Board.
To the extent that qualified persons are available, the Board of Directors works to ensure the Action Board composition reflects the diversity of the community served by the organization.
DUTIES OF THE ACTION BOARD
The Action Board will help the Board of Directors carry out the mission of SC Pride, including but not limited to:
Ensuring effective organizational planning through short and long-term strategic planning; enhancing the organization’s public image; recruiting new Action Board Members and providing ongoing training and development; approving the fundraising goals and plans, and participating in fundraising efforts; and performing all duties incident to the Board and such other duties as may be prescribed from time to time, including but not limited to, task force or committee participation.
Members of the Action Board are expected to participate in the growth and implementation of SC Pride events and endeavors, attend meetings, offer experience and expertise, communicate with the general public, solicit sponsors and advertisers, encourage volunteers, fill positions at events as needed, and more.
- September 11 – President’s Ball
- October 22 & 23: Annual SC Pride Festival and Parade & Get Lit Concert
- Approximately one in-person or video meeting per month leading up to Pride Festival:
5:30pm Monday, July 19
5:30pm Monday, August 16
5:30pm Monday, September 20
5:30pm Monday, October 11
ACTION BOARD POSITIONS
- Festival Parade – Responsible for coordinating the annual South Carolina Pride parade held Friday evening of the festival weekend. Includes corresponding with parade applicants regularly and managing day of parade logistics.
- Festival Volunteers – Responsible for recruiting and assigning volunteers to work a variety of roles during the two-day event. Includes staffing the volunteer headquarters tent at the event.
- Festival Vendors – Responsible for coordinating with outside vendor applicants at the SC Pride Festival. Includes regularly corresponding with previous and current vendors, creating vendor assignment map, and leading the vendor set-up the morning on the Saturday of the festival.
- President’s Ball – Responsible for the planning and execution of the event including ticket sales, venue relations, entertainment, and vendor relations.
- Finance – Responsible for assisting the Executive Board in managing the finances of the organization in compliance with standard accounting reporting. Prior finance and accounting experience required.
- Marketing – Responsible for managing the marketing image of the organization by working with our media partners and social media coordinator. Includes developing original materials within the SC Pride brand guidelines.
- Brave the Rainbow Campaign – Responsible for serving as the main point of contact for businesses requesting a rainbow decal and managing the database of businesses that are LGBT friendly in Columbia.
2021 Board ApplicationThank you for your interest in getting involved with South Carolina Pride! We depend on our volunteer team to make our events and programs a success. Please complete the following application for your first and second preference on what role you would like to serve in. Each position requires a minimum of two hours a week of work through email and online. Additional volunteer time is required as special events occur. Other additional requirements per position may apply.
"*" indicates required fields